Saturday, January 13, 2007

I’m a Lucky Girl – 11 January 2007

On the way home from work tonight we were listening to the radio. They have lots of silly competitions and one of them is a movie in 30 seconds. The presenter does a short overview of a movie in 30 seconds then people sms in the name of the movie. I’ve never entered the competition before but today’s movie was Lord of the Rings – specifically Lord of the Rings – the Fellowship of the Ring.

I decided to enter and as I sent off the text I said to Chris ‘I’m going to win this’. The first time I sent it I forgot to put my name on it, so I sent it again with my name on the end. About 10 minutes later my mobile rang and it was the radio man!!

Basically he asked me where I was and said what would happen when I went on the radio – then I was live on the radio (Nile FM the local English speaking radio). He did the movie again in 30 seconds then asked me what it was then I won CDs!!

I don’t know which CDs I’ve won, I get to pick them up on Sunday. The radio man is really funny. I can’t believe I won a competition on the radio!!

3 comments:

Lord Falconburger said...

Thats pretty damn random! ;-) I hop e its Billy Ray Cyrus's Greatest Hits....

Lord Falconburger said...

Hey... you're link to my blog looks like its the name of the pyramid... ;-)

Viking said...

OMG, useless comments! LOL