Sunday, June 03, 2007

The Boys Arrive – Thursday 19 April 2007

Well work is almost over, only a few days to go. This afternoon Chris and I left work at 4pm to race to the airport to pick up Aidan. Originally I’d planned for him to be met at the airport and driven to Ma’adi – but that’s when I thought he was arriving at 7pm. When I re-read the itinerary I discovered he was arriving at 5pm so we went to pick him up.

That was dumb, should have just sent a car. We got to the airport about 5:30pm which I thought would be ok because it takes a bit of time getting through customs etc. He didn’t get through until nearly 7pm! Chris was suppose to be in Ma’adi by 6pm to meet Leeann so instead we had to drop him at the Canadian Embassy coz they were going to the embassy’s monthly drinks. That took FOREVER.

Aidan and I finally got to Ma’adi about 8:30pm. He was so tired. He hadn’t slept at all the whole way here - so he was going about 40 hours with no sleep. We ordered some dinner and then he went to bed. About an hour later we decided we’d be better off going to bed and then getting up when Colin arrived. So we slept for a couple of hours and then my phone rang about 1am. We got up and I went down to meet him. He was fairly awake so Wesley made him a drink (almost half and half rum to coke!) after three of these he was fairly trashed and went to bed.

They are coming to the Hash with us on Friday – see how they like the desert :)

No comments: