Saturday, November 03, 2007

Egypt – 25th Anniversary – Friday 4 May

We got up nice and early and we’ve been flying all day. Originally I’d hoped to get home in time to go to the Hash, but the flights were a little delayed, our bags took forever and traffic was ridiculous. As a result we didn’t get back to Wesley’s until nearly 5pm.

It was Jan and Brian’s 25th wedding anniversary the other day and they decided to have tonight’s Hash On-On at the Heliopolis BCA to celebrate their anniversary. They are good friends of Wesley’s so he was keen to go, the only problem was that our flight to Luxor in the morning meant we had to be up at 5am so I didn’t want t be up to late.

When we got back to Wesley’s the boys and I washed our safari clothes and they settled in for some take out and TV. I unpacked, re-packed and got cleaned up to go out. Wesley was later back from the Hash than expected and had collected some tourists on the way. The boys had decided not to come to the on-on so Wesley, his tourists and I got a car to Heliopolis.

The on-on was great. I was having so much fun. Brian has been learning guitar and him and a couple of other hashers were playing in a band for the start of the night. They were great. Brian sings too and does a pretty good job. Wesley was such a sweetie. He said about 10 times during the night that he was ready to go the second I was. He was really conscious of me getting enough sleep before flying out. At one point I said ‘oh, maybe we’ll go when you finish that beer’ and he went to put it down straight away, but I said no, I’ll dance one more song…

I think it was about midnight before I finally decided we should go. Wesley did point out the time to me on a few occasions – he was more conscious of me having to get up in 4 hours than I was! The worst thing was that the 40 minutes drive from Wesley’s to the airport. I was so tired. It was a great night though. I had so much fun, I love hanging out with his friends – they’re such a laugh!

No comments: